The truth is, I'm a homebody. I didn't know about that term until I read From Roses' wonderful post about it a month ago, but when I did, I had a little revelation. I realized there are tons of super-cool people, like Rebecca of From Roses, who like to spend their free time at home, reading books under their covers for fun. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of bloggers who identify this way, seeing how they choose to spend hours of their free time writing blogs. These people aren't lame or boring, in fact they're really thoughtful, lovely, and accomplished!
A homebody is basically someone who prefers low key activities and the quiet comfort of their home to going out, etc. There's a sort of stigma against anyone (especially young people) who spend much of their time at home, because they're considered boring. And often times, perhaps even more than being judged by others, we criticize ourselves for being homebodies too. We feel "uncool" or "less-than" if we aren't racking up John-Green novels worth of thrilling and cliché teenage experiences.
Well, here's the truth. I'm an eighteen-year old introvert who spends 90% of her time doing ballet, and the other 10% of her time watching Netflix until she falls asleep. I have friends, I promise. I have fun, I promise. Really, (and I'm saying this partially to those who frown upon home-stayers and mostly to myself) I'm not automatically lame just because I'm spending one of my last Friday nights of high school writing this blog. And if that does make me lame, well, I don't really care. :)
To sum everything up: just do whatever you please. It doesn't matter if it's in the comfort of your own bedroom or on a road trip to some crazy adventure. There's no right or wrong way to have fun or spend your time. I spent all of high school doing ballet, studying, and laughing stupidly with my friends. I intend to spend college in the same sort of way. And that's just fine by me.
Let me know: would you consider yourself a homebody?